Brought on by massive trojan denial: A head-to-head face-off between UCLA and Oregon, for Spirit Supremacy
“The Devil Made Me Do It.”
Is this REALLY necessary? Has the blinding light of The Rivalry really rendered trojans unable to see what is right in front of them? Is it THAT hard to admit when your Rival is The Best?
Apparently, trojan fans have fully conceded the fact that their Song Girls are not on par with UCLA’s Spirit Squad, but they are refusing to be completely unbiased — They are holding on to the misconception that Oregon has the best unit.
It’s not healthy to care too much about what other people think, but the overwhelming response that Scott Wolf’s blog is getting to his Song Gate SCandal, is hard to read without screaming at the monitor: Trojan fan after trojan fan rudely complaining about the state of their Song Girls, and then saying that the Bruins don’t compare with the Ducks.
The infuriating problem is that they are making these judgments without having enough exposure to either set of Girls. They see snippets of the Bruins on TV at commercial breaks, and maybe they sat 30 yards away from them at two games. As for the Ducks, they probably have never seen them in person, and have only seen a few, select, internet shots. And with big Nike money behind them, many of those shots are airbrushed glamour shots. But if you want Reality…
Below is a mouse-over captioned, 24-photo, “You Make The Call” collection, featuring 8 all-new Duck Shots, interspersed with 9 Bruin Shots, followed by 7 more, special Bruin Close-ups. And all of them blow up when you click them. But first, the DISCLAIMERS:
1. No INSULT is intended toward the Ducks. They definitely have 1 or 2 knockouts, and there is no shame whatsoever for a CHEER SQUAD, in finishing in second place to the Bruins’ DANCE TEAM;
2. These are NOT the best shots of the Ducks, whereas these ARE the best Shots of the Bruins. The bias is obvious, but it’s not intended to FOOL anyone. HOWEVER, it is still extremely possible to look at these pics, WITH that knowledge, and still come to the logical conclusion.
3. Because of Disclaimer #2, and to be a little less unfair, direct LINKS to the articles that DO contain all the best Duck shots are included after the 24 photos.
4. This is as close to a “Hall of Fame” of the current Bruin Dance Team as this Site has ever published. Obviously, this is not fair to Oregon, OR to the sc Song Girls, or to any other squad, or to any young, growing teenaged girl, who might develop low self-esteem by comparing herself to these pics. Sorry.
5. If the Hall of Fame isn’t enough for you (hey, Waldorf), try checking out this website’s “Categories.” One of them is Cheerleader shots, which means that every single article listed in the category contains at least one, and usually a lot more than one, cheerleader photo.
6. Hopefully, someone with big balls will venture onto Wolf’s Blog and inform them of this webpage. They NEED to see this, in order to make a more informed decision. However, it will probably cause an influx of immature and ultra-nasty comments here. So for you newcomers, you should know that NO ONE SEES ANY COMMENT UNTIL THEY ARE APPROVED. And this is not Wolf’s blog — Some of the UCLA Cheerleaders actually frequent this site, and this site will not let them be subjected to any bullsh*t. However, if you honestly think that the Ducks — even after this pictorial — are #1, a polite comment stating that benign opinion would probably be tolerated. However, it would sure be hard to believe.
7. It is not necessary to say that you could compile a collection of unflattering shots that would make the Bruins look unworthy of thier reputation. Because it is absolutely true. You have NO IDEA how many bad shots we are sitting on. But the point is, that’s NOT what’s going on here — This is just basically the fourth set of Oregon shots — truly the best of the ones we hadn’t posted yet. The unfair TWEAK is juxtaposing them with the best of the best from the Bruins’ Dance Team, and we ADMIT that. But it’s still a lot more for you to go on than what you had before today.
SEVEN DISCLAIMERS? WHAT THE DUCK!
And now, in the “Spirit” of Fairness, here is a link to the article that followed the UCLA-Oregon Football game last November. It contains, honestly, the absolute BEST photos that we got of the Oregon Cheerleaders. The second link is to the “second-best” batch of Oregon Cheer shots, and the third link is to the third-best batch, although that time we “accidentally” allowed a little cottage cheese to remain visible. That mistake SHOULD have kept everyone grounded in OUR “Reality.” But no, we had to give you TODAY’S landmark pictorial, along with 7 disclaimers, because it’s hard to make this point without “rubbing it in.”
Link 1: http://beatsc.com/?p=379
Link 2: http://beatsc.com/?p=410
Link 3: http://beatsc.com/?p=2124